Monday, April 02, 2007

KIDNAPPING HYSTERIA

This article is interesting....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/03/the_kidnapping_hysteria.html


For some reason, this article incensed me. Perhaps it's because I'm one of those hysterical parents that is out there over-sensitizing their children to abduction, predators and all other bad things adults do to children. Look, I teach my children every day that if they don't look both ways when they cross the street, they could get smashed by a car.....it COULD happen to them, and this article says so. The statistic of it happening more often than them being abducted apparently. I don't care! It COULD happen....and it does....all the time.

I have personally experienced "suspicious" behavior by adults with two out three of my children....those are pretty high odds to me. Did anything happen? No...but I attrib! ute that to AWARENESS. My kids are bright and astute to perpetual danger. I've taught them that and so has the media....whether their making money or not. And why not? The people that John Stossel mentioned at The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children work relentlessly saving and protecting our children. This is one worthy cause I totally believe in and donate to not to mention the incredible non-profit organization Angels That Care (WWW.angelsthatcare.org). WE NEED these people to help watch and care for our children.

We SCARE our children about drug abuse, disease, teen pregnancy and academics.....the world IS a scary place with a lot of scary people in it. What's wrong with parents actually WATCHING their children, being accountable for their whereabouts and monitoring everything they do? No, you do NOT let your children play outside without supervision.

I do not "lock my children in their rooms in fear" but rather am AWARE and pro-act! ive in their safety and well-being. Regardless of the statistics, it d oes happen.....and it can happen to mine and yours.

Just a hysterical mom.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/03/the_kidnapping_hysteria.html



Give me break! Better to be safe than sorry

1 comment:

Peapod said...

N i c e !! Thank you for the pick-me-up !! ;) 'Pod' :) <3

Blog Archive